today is my birthday. I am 37 years old….eek! This is a picture of me as a toddler that my Mom posted on FB page for all to see today…that was fun. Why eek? Well at one point 37 seemed old, really old — and that was not so long ago — and I don’t feel old. I feel young, a bit silly, still finding my way, sometimes immature, still learning everyday and still having too much fun to be old! I love the wisdom & experience from living 37 years, but obviously not the part where I actually get older. It isn’t that I am afraid of getting old – well, maybe a little…but botox & fillers can delay a lot of that! For whatever reason, I thought by the time I was this age I would have figured out a whole lot more. So my parents were either really mature and had it all figured out by 37 — or my parents did a great job of acting like they had it all figured out!?!? Hmm…
Top 10 things over the last year (in no particular order)
1) got married in Jamaica – trip of a lifetime!
2) gained a new family – including Miss KJ
3) trip to New Orleans for Seahawks game with the crew
6) trip to Austin for SXSW + saw Kanye and Jay-Z…still unreal!
7) trip to Dallas for the Superbowl!
8) launched some cool shiz at work
9) trip to Key West & Miami for the holidays and some Orange Bowl festitivies
10) learned that everything changes – people, places, situations – and adjusting is huge!
A these are just a few…I know I left out a ton, but this captures some big ones over a really big year for me.
so happy birthday to me…even if I don’t want to be quite this old yet, it has been a sweet year! xoxo-n