I have been working for since about mid-August on the nursery for our little bundle of joy. I waited a long time to do anything, including paint the room – mainly because I was so fearful of doing anything and then have something horrible happen to the baby. By August I had everyone from my Doctor to my Mom telling me it was time to start preparing for this baby, so I finally started doing something about it. Now don’t be fooled, just because I hadn’t started on the nursery yet, didn’t mean I hadn’t found some inspiration. Here are a couple of the nursery’s that I am using as inspiration for my nursery…check back after the baby is here and I will do a detailed post about how the nursery turned out!
- Nursery artwork on the shelves above the crib. I especially love the sock monkey, the zinc letter and the pink Converse, too cute! Check it out on the original post here.
- I love the glider and the shelves over the glider and the white bookcase. Original post here.
- This check-mark print is so cute – I love all the bright colors. Here is the Etsy listing.
- I love this cute little DIY pouf, seems like it could be possible? Instructions here.
- Oh how I love this nursery. The wall color is perfect. The Jenny Lind vintage style crib is amazing. The Flotaki rug is so pretty in front of the crib. Here is the link.
- Very innovative use of the IKEA Ektorp bookshelf as a changing table & bookshelf – with inserts and on legs. I also really like the fabric showcased in the frames over the changing table. Original link here.
- This rug is so perfect — all the bright colors are so happy. Pale aqua paint is so light it is almost white, the pouf is too cute and the rocking chair is perfect. Check out the other pictures here.
- The chevron crib sheet and turquoise border crib skirt are both so pretty, see the product page here.
- This chandelier is very cute — but I think it might be even more cute in the original silver color instead of being painted. Here are the DIY instructions for painting the chandelier from IKEA.