Sloane is 1 month old today and I can’t believe this first month went so fast! So much of it was a blur, especially those first few weeks. We could not have done it without a lot of help from our family & friends. Both of our Moms have been amazing — helping me get naps, showers and relieving me so I can get out of the house for an hour or two. Our friends have also been incredible – making us meals, coming over to hold Sloane, and even babysitting — so we could go to my work holiday party!
- sleeping 6-8 hours straight per night, starting at 3 weeks – thank you Sloaney!
- started focusing and following us with her eyes
- notices my voice and it soothes her
- self-soothes with her hands near her face & sucks her hand/fingers
- pacifier – has been using one and holding it in since the day she was born
..thoughts about the last month
- i don’t remember anything about the first 2 weeks – all I did was feed her, change her, pump, catch a few zzz’s and do it all over and over and over again!
- it is truly amazing this little baby that you carried in your stomach for almost 10 months is now in your arms…whoa!
- i definitely got the mommy hormonal rollercoaster, cry much? but haven’t had to deal with any mommy blues…thank goodness.
- thank goodness for a few items – the rock-n-play (freakin magic!), nosefrieda, the nipple shield, lanolin, and my DSLR
…likes & dislikes
- anything moving – cars, strollers, rock-n-play & her swing
- mommy’s milk
- bath time – has come to like them over the last month
- likes to sit on our lap facing the action or the TV – especially football!
- hands by her face & sucking on her fingers
- lights…obsessed with staring at lights!
- tummy time – she will not do tummy time, not even for a minute
- changing her clothes
- being swaddled – she screams bloody murder until we either loosen her arms or she breaks free
- sleeping flat – doesn’t like sleeping in her pack-n-play or her crib
- being hungry – screams like someone is hurting her as soon as she gets hungry, goes from 0 to a thousand in 15 seconds!
…monthly progress (obviously only one to start)