Sloane is 2 months old today – where does the time go? Watching her learn & grow is just amazing! But at the same time it is so bittersweet, I want it to slow down so I don’t miss anything. This month we definitely fell into a few patterns and passed some huge milestones – which were so much fun.
- sleeping 9-11 hours straight per night, starting on Dec 22nd – it was so fantastic, I remember the exact day it started!
- she loves to smile…especially at sounds and funny faces
- follows us with her eyes – even when we are across the room from her
- sits up in her bumbo without any help
- she holds her head up and turns to look at people, when carried on my hip…but she still will not tolerate any tummy time!
- she scoots – we put her down for back time or in her crib and she somehow kicks/scoots herself to a different position when we pick her up!
…thoughts about the last month
- it felt like we really got into a rhythm this month – there were patterns of sleep and eating that we were starting to get into without even trying.
- she is a pretty easy baby – she cries when she is hungry or tired, and when her diaper needs to be changed – but not too fussy other than those times.
- we started a bit of sleep training towards her 2 month birthday – she goes down for 3-4 naps during that day in her crib, with her sound machine (amazing thing!) and it has helped her to sleep more at night too!
- i love being a mom. For something I wasn’t sure I wanted to do, I love it more than I could have ever imagined. When she puts her head on my shoulder and cuddles with me after her naps, there is nothing better!
…likes & dislikes
- going on walks
- funny noises, sounds and laughter
- food, food, food!
- bath time
- sleeping in her crib & the pack-n-play – success!
- being near the action – she doesn’t want to miss a thing!
- white noise/ocean sounds – from sound machine, phone app & Cloud B sheep – they are like magic
- back time – she is a rock-star under that Baby Einstein Under Sea playmat, and bats & plays with the hanging toys
- tummy time – she hates it, tolerates it for about 5 minutes and then screams, and pretends she can’t do anything and just lays face down until we pick her up.
- changing her clothes
- being swaddled – so much that we gave up on it at 6 weeks
- getting her face washed